Welcome to the Safeguarding Online page of the Episcopal Diocese of Western Louisiana! Our diocese takes matters of safety seriously, especially keeping our children, youth, and adults safe from all forms of sexual misconduct while they are at church or participating in church activities.
For this reason, we require abuse prevention training for all paid staff as well as anyone else who works with children and youth. All training is provided through Safeguarding Online™, which you can access anytime, from anywhere that you have a high-speed Internet connection.
In November of 2017, we announced that we would begin implementing new Safeguarding policies and requirements. To ease the transition process, we established a timeline for putting all of the changes into effect. Click here to view this timeline.
You should go ahead now and begin using the training module guidelines specified in this Training Modules Chart. By October 31, 2018, all diocesan organizations should be in full compliance with the new Safeguarding training and background screening requirements that are outlined in our Safeguarding Policies.
Each church, school, and Camp Hardtner is required to designate a Safe Church Minister (click here for list of Safe Church Ministers). These individuals are being trained to help you set up a Safeguarding account and fulfill the training and background screening requirements. Contact your local Safe Church Minister when you have any questions about Safeguarding training or background screening.
- Click here to set up a Safeguarding account.
- Enter the registration code: diocesewla318
- Fill out the form and click the link to enroll. Print the page or write down your user login and password for future reference.
- To begin training immediately, click the first link.
Already Have an Account:
- Click here to begin training.
- Enter your user login (this is your first initial followed by your last name--no spaces in between).
- Enter your password (this is the 4-digit number you selected followed by la). If you have forgotten your password, follow the instructions to have your password emailed to you or contact your Safe Church Minister. Please do not create a new account.
- Press Submit.
- Click on the name of the training module you want to take. If you are not sure which modules you are required to take, click on the Training Modules Chart to find out.
Renew Training (required every 3 years):
- Log in to your Safeguarding account.
- Complete these training modules: Abuse Prevention Refresher, Your Policies.
(Coming Soon!) Frequently Asked Questions:
Documents to View or Download:
Training Youth Volunteers Under the Age of 18
Guidelines for Training Youth Volunteers
DWLA Safeguarding Policies for Youth Volunteers
Recognizing and Reporting Abuse of Children (Youth Version)
Code of Conduct for Youth Volunteers